Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's Potato Harvest time in Idaho! 
That means school is out but we still got together for class because 
art is always a vacation. 
Bjorn is talking to his class about the joy and importance of drawing a still-life. I think they ALMOST believe him. 

They were happy to get their hands on a few cans of spray paint in order to do some dip-art. They will be adding their own creativity to what you see here for a finished piece. I can't wait to see the end product.

We don't want the rest of the class who are gone to miss out on important projects so we had some fun with positive and negative shapes with the "Pencil Pacers".

Just another fun week at the studio.

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to see a brief summary of the main points of Bjorn's lecture about the joy of drawing from life. In fact, I'd like to see bullet-point summaries for the main points of each of his lessons. It sure looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to see if he's up to it. He's been busy. He spent the week in Utah doing demo's and he will be off to Cali in the middle of the coming week for workshops at the Dick Blick product convention in Pasadena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a community art center is such a great thing to have in our area. I think there is alot of intrest and am so glad you have created an opportunity for those who are interested. My little girl is quite artistic, and in a couple years when shes old enough, I will sign her up! Your projects look great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete